Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Mission - Preparations


Last week I wrote in a panicked state about how I had NOTHING to wear except the Vaseline Intensive Rescue that was going to be my FIRST base under my warm clothes at the last stop on the Vaseline Intensive Rescue Mission Tour in Duluth, MN. I'll be witnessing the Beargrease SledDog Event on January 29th and this South Floridian of six years now has a few more layers to go over her softer skin.

Broad "A" (Ava) from The Review Broads sent me a goodie bag yesterday. Ava knows a thing or two about harsh cold weather, as she lives in Salt Lake City and hikes the canyons year round. My box contained some nice warm Patagonia long underwear, ski socks, glove liners, hats and an earband and the most luscious wool scarf I've ever seen. I had purchased a ski shell and a jacket to go under it at TJ Maxx late last week and have a polar fleece and turtleneck here at the mansion.

My final piece of the puzzle will be the boots and they are giving me the biggest headache. Did you know that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find insulated, waterproof (or even water resistant) boots in the Sunshine State? Well, make that SOUTH in the Sunshine State. I'm leaning toward a nice pair of Sorel boots, because I remember that they used to keep  me toasty and dry when I'd ski at Loon Mt. or Waterville Valley back when I lived in Rhode Island and spent the second half of a ski day trudging through the snow to watch Ben come flying down on his snowboard.

I HAD been worried about my skin, because even here in Florida I have to deal with dry skin and the cold makes it worse (and ITCHY), yet I HATE feeling greasy. What I've learned about the Vaseline Intensive Rescue is that it
  • TRIPLES moisture reserves instantly with no greasy or sticky residue left on the skin
  • OFFERS MORE MOISTURE than even Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair lotion 
  • THREE VARIETIES are available - to satisfy LOTS of needs 
  1. Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture - repairs & softens your skin
  2. Intensive Rescue Soothing Moisture - repairs & softens skin and has a wonderful light chamomile scent
  3. Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy - PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH moisturization available OVER THE COUNTER!
Using Vaseline Intensive Rescue in the harsh conditions at Beargrease is going to be THIS blogger's REAL TEST. If it can keep my skin soft and smooth (I get VERY itchy when my skin dries out in COLD weather), then I'll be that much happier being outside in freezing weather.  I have to come back to putting on a bathing suit and hitting the beach, so dry rough skin is NOT what I want to be wearing at the beach club this winter.


I'm inviting my readers to come along on my adventure and follow me and the three bloggers that Vaseline FOUND complaining about dry skin online, Dr. Wu (dermatologist for Everydayhealth.com) and Wendie Malick (one of my FAVORITE comedic actresses - star of Hot in Cleveland) as they (we) visit the harshest winter activities for skin. Check in on Vaseline's Dry Skin Patrol on FACEBOOK and check out the past stops on the tour as well as videos, samples, updates, and to enter the sweepstake.

I'll be attending the Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon as a guest of Vaseline Intensive Rescue, however all opinions are strictly my own.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.