Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Blast from the Past. - Dole Fruit


I recently received a BOX FULL of Dole Fruit Bowls to review from She Speaks. Now mind you, we are fresh food eaters and I rarely purchase canned fruit, except for use in a recipe. So, you can imagine the look on my face (as well as cook's) when we started putting these little packs into the pantry and refrigerator.

I always thought of these as something you give to a toddler or a young child as it's portion controlled and easy for them to handle.

I had totally dismissed the fact that we used to eat Dole Canned Fruit when I was a child. So, when I opened my little cup of fruit cocktail I had an instant BLAST FROM THE PAST. Much like what happens when I have a plate of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, I got that warm feeling of comfort food.

Here's the thing about these little bowls of fruit that I love. They're portion controlled, which for me means that I can have a sweet treat and not over-eat. At under 100 calories per bowl, I'll be staying on track. UM - that is UNLESS I do what I did the other night with it!

I took a scoop of ice cream and I dumped a bowl of Cherry Mixed Fruit over it. YUMMY! It made for a fruit sundae that I TOTALLY enjoyed (hey, that's what Monday's are for - to begin the diet yet AGAIN).

Oh, and I feel that I can trust a company who actually brings us the fresh fruit that we eat to put that same farm to table product into their packaged fruits as well.

There are varieties to satisfy everyone's tastes including:
  • Diced Peaches
  • Diced Pears
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Mixed Fruit
  • Pineapple Tidbits
  • Tropical Fruit
  • Mandarins in Orange Gel
  • Mixed Fruit in Black Berry Gel
  • Mixed Fruit in Peach Gel
  • Peaches in Strawberry Gel
  • Pineapple Tidbits in Lime Gel
  • and even Parfait's as well
Right now you can Take the Dole Challenge. Simply enter a TIP for healthy eating or refer a friend and you could win up to $1,000 for you and your favorite charity! Plus download some COUPONS to use on your next shopping trip. Check out their official rules for FULL details.






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.