Friday, October 17, 2008

SHOPPING ~ Dressing Chic Part Deux


I spent the evening in front of the television, which is not something that I normally do. WOW, what have I been missing? Quite by accident I turned on Tim Gunn's Guide to Style on Bravo. Was it coincidence or fate that this show is just what I'm writing about these days? Tim's "10 Essential Wardrobe Items" are just what I was trying to convey yesterday. So, without apology here are the 10 items that he sends each of his clients off with to start a basic wardrobe:

1. BASIC BLACK DRESS
2. TRENCH COAT
3. CLASSIC DRESS PANTS
4. WHITE SHIRT
5. JEANS
6. CASHMERE SWEATER
7. SKIRT
8. DAY DRESS
9. BLAZER
10. SWEAT SUIT ALTERNATIVE

This is truly the basis of a great, elegant, chic wardrobe. Does it mean that it's set it stone? Absolutely not. There are lots of people who look AWFUL in black, so a basic black dress just wouldn't cut it. Does this mean that these are the ONLY pieces you need in a wardrobe? NO!

Let's revisit your closet again and make certain that you have all of these pieces. Remember, it's not about how expensive it is, but rather how great it makes you look and feel. So, a cashmere sweater for some (especially in this economy) can certainly be substituted with something more affordable, that offers the same weight and look. Looking over this list makes me realize that I don't have a good trenchcoat (living in Florida I probably really need one), so that is on my "FIND" list. I was a little confused about his "Sweat Suit Alternative", but I've realized for me it's a skort and knit top, as it looks pulled together and it's comfortable.

Next (I promise), we'll talk about shoes, handbags, jewelry, etc.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.