Monday, January 4, 2010

Credit Card Rate Hikes


YIKES. As if things weren't bad enough with the economy, you may be hit with HIGHER interest rates on your credit cards. I received a notice this week that the rate on one of my cards is being increased DRAMATICALLY. I don't even carry a balance on the card (thank goodness), but according to ABC News, banks are trying to make up the estimated $50 billion they're about to lose when new credit card rules take effect.

So, they're targeting you and I to make up for these losses.According to ABC, one bank is  even CHARGING YOU EXTRA for getting a paper statement in the mail rather than an e-statement.

All of this makes me glad that I either pay cash for my purchases or pay my card in full each month.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.