Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Caroling for Toys for Tots


When my FAVORITE off-priced retailers Marshall's and TJ Maxx invited me to join in the fun caroling to raise money for Toys for Tots I thought.....gee, that  might be fun. But, I took a minute and thought seriously about the amount of money that they'd have to put out for ear plugs to all of the people who come to their site. I realized that if I went ahead and started belting out my rendition of Jingle Bells or Deck the Halls....that the only cause I'd be helping - the nations ear, nose & throat doctors (yes, there'd be some new BMW's in front of their offices this holiday season).

So, in the spirit of the holidays...I'm withdrawing from the competition. Maybe they'd prefer I do an interpretive dance of "Deck Yourself Out" done in a cross between Martha Graham and Isadora Duncan (with flowing dresses & lots of scarves). I think maybe a donation from me to Toys for Tots would be a bit more....appropriate (in keeping with the holiday spirit).



For those of you who would like to join in the fun of Carol-Oke. You can Join the Carolers and SING IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT.

You could even win yourself a $5,000 Shopping Spree or one of 15 $100 gift cards.


So - start practicing  your scales and then upload yourself singing on TJ Maxx & Marshall's You Tube channel and help raise money for a worthy cause.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.