Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cinch!

Resolutions... lots and lots of resolutions. The New Year brings out all of those things that we want to do, but have neglected over the past years.

  • Save Money
  • Quit Smoking
  • Learn Something New
  • Start Running
  • Spend Time with Family & Friends
  • Lose Weight

That last one has been nagging at me for the past few years. You'll learn more about my journey in 2011 later in the week.


If it was a cinch! then we'd all be rich, fit and thin.

Cinch!
is the newest book by the coauthor of the Flat Belly Diet - Cynthia Sass

Some people need  a play by play or exactly what to eat, when to eat it, and what time to eat, others need a more general approach. cinch! offers the first. Beginning with a 5 day "Fast Forward" program to kick-start your new eating plan, Ms. Sass outlines 5 foods that you can eat (that's right FIVE FOODS), when to eat them, as well as exactly how much to eat. She's got every meal outlined and even includes a grocery list with EVERYTHING you need for the first five days.

From that point on, eating gets to be quite a bit more interesting. Cinch! promotes eating natural and organic foods, with an abundance of whole grains, vegetarian and chicken or fish meals and LOTS of FLAVOR. What I like best about this guide to eating is that it is chock full of wonderful recipes.

As I said earlier, each person needs something different when it comes to a weight loss program and I tried the Cinch! program and it didn't fit in with my lifestyle. Some of the foods on the 5 day "fast forward" program I can't eat (I have a difficult time with nuts and having eggs too often). For those who are looking for a more holistic approach to eating, with a love of organic or natural foods - Cinch! might just be a cinch. If you need to get in touch with WHY you eat the way you do (emotional eating), Cinch! might be for you as well.

What I like about this book is that the goals are short - it's a 30 day program. When faced with "forever" many dieters give up. With short term goals, we tend to stick with things, knowing that it's doable (and hopefully set a habit while we're in the process).  Her method fosters stepping up the metabolism and in the process fat burning and end the cycle of overeating.

What I don't like is that it's just not practical for ME. I like the IDEA of eating organic, but my pocketbook doesn't and in reality I'm a last minute cook (or I'm sitting in a restaurant). It's also out of my comfort zone. I need something a bit more practical for MY LIFESTYLE. Of course, each of us is very different and while it wouldn't be a cinch for me, for someone else it might be the be the program to get them on the road to healthier living.


Cinch!: Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches is available for purchase at bookstores nationwide.

Don't miss Cynthia Sass, the author of Cinch! Monday, January 3rd on The Early Show on CBS!

For more information about Cinch! check out the Cinch! Facebook Page and the Cynthia Sass site.


I received a copy of this book to review from the One2One, all opinions and observations are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.