Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shimmer Soap Kit - Scientific Explorer

I've been after my friend Sandy to let me in on her secret. She creates soaps, balms, creams, etc. that are absolutely wonderful. I'm fairly artistic, but I haven't done any crafting in a long time. I'd love to be able to sit down with my nieces and nephews and have Auntie time that involves crafts, but I needed some direction.

Scientific Explorer has created a  set of craft kits that will fit that bill for me.

I was recently sent the Make Your Own Shimmer Soap Kit by Scientific Explorer (from Team Mom) so that "J" and I could create our own SPA DAY from scratch.  Armed with this inexpensive kit and a microwave, we sat down to create four soaps of our own. I have no idea what to expect.

It was "WAY more cool" than either of us thought it would be ("J's" expression).  First of all...a SPA KIT for an 8 year old is one of those experiences that they keep asking for and somehow never got around to (after completing the making of the soap we added mani's, pedi's and a facial - just to round out the day). Who knew that along with making 4 bars of delicious smelling strawberry soap that we'd also learn some science too?

What's included:
  • soap base
  • pink dye and fragrance (every girl's favorite color)
  • glitter (to the delight of "J" - who thinks that EVERYTHING should sparkle)
  • soap mold
  • mixing cup
  • spatula
  • activity guide.
Everything you need is included in this compact kit. I love the fact that it's like a mini-science experiment that includes measuring, melting (changing from a solid to a liquid), and molding (which turns it back into a solid again). It's so unusual to find a science project that the girl's love and this definitely fits the bill.

The compact size of the package and great price point (around $6.00) makes it a great stocking stuffer for the holidays. I'm thinking thatpurchasing a number of these kits and making it a birthday party project would be loads of fun. Scientific Explorer has other Spa Kits like Lip Balm, Bath Fizzers and Blissful Body Mist kits that would make great party projects...a pamper party for your pre-teen?


Shimmer Soap is available from Amazon.com and toy sellers for around $6.00.


    I received this kit as a member of Team Mom. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are my own.


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     
    Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
    © 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
    Clicky Web Analytics

    Champagne Living has moved!

    You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
    http://champagneliving.net
    and update your bookmarks.