Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to School - What about Mom?

Life used to be a lot more hectic when Ben was young. Summer's were spent going to the beach with other friends, going to the park, riding bikes, and having cookouts. I'd greet September with mixed feelings. It was TIME for him to go back to school and at the same time I felt this sense of loss. How was I going to fill those days (funny, considering once school got going I found myself just as busy).

When Ben went off to college, I started to think about doing something like that myself. I went to school for dance therapy. Not a very practical major, especially considering the fact that there are so few jobs in the field. Of course, I never worked in the field, instead becoming a performer and later on going in to business.

Now that I've reached another stage, I once again think about how having gone for something a bit more practical (like marketing) would have been a boost to my new focus - blogging and social media. While I worry about my study skills at this age, I know that it's never to late to go back. The options today are much wider and you don't even need to leave home to go back to college.


American Public University offers online courses that are flexible, affordable with a variety of courses and even allows transfer credit if you've started elsewhere. Truly the kitchen table classroom, I found that APU's cost per credit hour on par with my local community college ($750 for a 3-credit course). They offer 100 online degrees and certificates and even offer graduate programs.

For those interested in learning more, they offer an online open house where you can get an in-depth look at various majors via live, interactive presentations covering topics such as "exploring the online classroom" and "understanding financial aid".

If you've been thinking about going back to school, but was worried about the fact that you just don't have the time - give American Public University a look. You may find that it fits your schedule to a T.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of American Public University. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.