Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack

Why do I put the cart before the horse? Here I am about to review the Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack from a movie that I haven't even seen yet. The problem is, that I have no emotional attachment to the film, so the soundtrack becomes simply a collective assortment of songs that I am listening to.

On an individual basis, there are tracks by some artists that I LOVE like Cindi Lauper, Erykah Badu, Alicia Keys and Dido. My problem is that other than the "True Colors" by Cindi Lauper none of the songs REALLY stand out. The cover of Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" by Liza Minelli came across as a kitschy version of the song that was almost sad, as she no longer has that "IT" factor that made Liza "LIZA." Instead she comes across as a poor imitation of her younger days.

My feeling is that this CD just didn't have the same SOUL as the first one did. There's no Nina Simone or Al Greene and Joss Stone making us FEEL the music. Instead it's filled with varying forms of electronica, a boys choir that sounds like EVERY other I've ever heard and some weak numbers by artists who's work is MUCH better than what has been put on this disc.

Perhaps once I see the movie and the songs take me to particular scenes I'll have a different perspective, but for now I'm not impressed.


Track Listing

1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15.  Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16.  Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17.  Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18.  Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”

Stay current with the  SATC2 Soundtrack - Fan them on FACEBOOK!

Check out
Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack  is available for purchase from Amazon.com for $11.99


Thank you to the One2One network for sending a copy of this soundtrack for my CD Review. I was in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly my own.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

6 comments:

Penelope said...

I can't WAIT to see this movie...I love everything about SATC...the clothes, the music, everything. Thanks for the review!

Norah @ Femita said...

The music is actually one of the few things I did like about satc2. I'm a big Alicia Keys fan, maybe that has something to do with it.. Don't get me started on the lousy plot though. It was such a disappointment. I'm such a big fan of the series but this just doesn't compare.

Alison said...

I am so happy I wasn't the only one that didn't really like the cd.

MorethanMommy said...

Haven't finished my review yet, but I'm with you. A movie soundtrack should be able to stand alone without any emotional attachment to the movie.

Zippy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zippy said...

The thing is that because it was SATC I WANTED to like it. At first I thought it was because it wasn't all music that I was familiar with. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.