Monday, May 3, 2010

Like a walk in a French Meadow?

I wish that I had a more discerning palate when it comes to some of the all natural foods on the market today. I really do. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my fruits and veggies - it's the all-natural, crunchy, baked goods that for some reason I just can't develop a liking for. My idea of a whole grain bread is the Granola bread that I used to love so much (but bears NO resemblance to a REAL grain bread).

The truth is, that growing up we were not allowed to have much junk food (although my mom did slip us Devil Dog's every now and then). While other kids were drinking Coca-Cola and Kool Aid, we were downing fresh juice. Later in life, when my mom got sick, the family adopted the Macrobiotic Diet. I had NO problem with that - it was full of flavor and the entire family understood the concept (plus I always loved the IDEA of it).

After leaving home I rebelled. I am now a diet soda junkie who'll pair up my glass of chemical bubbles with one of those little packaged cake products that have a shelf life of a zillion years. My idea of NATURAL treats is a pint of Ben & Jerry's (that's as close as I can get). Hmmm...and I wonder why I have all of this added weight and lack of energy.

I agreed to review baked products by French Meadow Bakery, which makes a line of breads and baked goods that you'll find in the freezer section of your health food store. Why frozen? Well, there are no preservatives, they are gluten free and I can already taste the cardboard before trying them.

My first purchase of French Meadow was their Hemp Bread. MISTAKE. This is definitely a bread for those who already know what good whole food is. My undiscerning taste buds immediately went to Hemp = Rope (no, it didn't go to POT - mostly because as I said earlier, I'm a child of the 60's & this bread didn't trigger a PLEASANT response). I tried to slather an inch of peanut butter on it, but that taste of crunchy rope just came through.


I thought  - this is NOT going to be good!!!


UNTIL I realized that French Meadow Bakery makes frozen Gluten-Free chocolate chip cookie dough and frozen fudge brownies (all gluten free). So, back I went to my Whole Foods market and I bought myself a box of Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies.


THEY WERE DELICIOUS! Chewy, chocolaty and delicious - my mouth had NO IDEA that these were made with healthy ingredients. Lactose free, gluten free, casein free, peanut free but NOT flavor FREE. Not only THAT, but they are only 170 calories each!

If you'd like to try French Meadow Bakery products for yourself - they're currently offering coupons for $1.00 off on their Gluten-Free products and $1.50 off when you purchase 2 performance breads. If you prefer to order online -Enter the following code during checkout to receive 20% off of your online purchase!

Code: fmb423ss34

If you're already eating good wholesome foods, you'll probably enjoy their bread a heck of a lot more than I did. On the other hand - if you're like me and enjoy good old fashioned JUNK FOOD - check out their 
Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies in the frozen section. You'll have NO IDEA that you're eating something that mother nature approves of!


Thank you to French Meadow for providing coupons so I could try these products for this review. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.