Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Not your mother's Melba Toast.

My memories of Melba Toast Snacks probably aren't all that great. To me it meant dieting and STRICT dieting at that. I don't recall ever eating them at any other time. When I was young they were a staple in the house and I actually recall my mother having a box in the cupboard.

In more recent years, I'd come to think of it as a product on the top shelf of the cookie aisle, in the area that was always covered in dust. As a result, I hadn't reached for a box in a VERY long time.

It seems like Old London has transformed the OLD Melba Toast and is offering a line of EXCITING flavors of snacks that are not at all reminiscent of the food that I have memories of AT ALL.

  1. YES they still are made with WHOLE GRAINS making you feel full after just a couple of toasts 
  2. YES they are still  low in calories -only 50 calories per serving
  3. YES they are still nice and crisp - satisfying that craving for crunching
  4. YES they have 0 grams of Trans Fat and NO CHOLESTEROL


BUT NOW Old London Melba Snacks come in EXCITING NEW FLAVORS
  • Sea Salt
  • Spicy 3 Pepper (MY favorite)
  • White Cheddar  ( I NEED to try these)
  • Roasted Garlic & Herb 
  • and MORE

PLUS - I hadn't even CONSIDERED using Old London Melba Snacks in recipes. Check out the Toast for Everyday Health website for recipes like Chocolate Pistachio Crunch, Atlantic Salmon Bites and Lemon Meringue Tarts all using these great crisp rounds.Since the weather has finally turned nice and I don't know about you but I'M thinking about putting on a bathing suit in the near future, I'm keeping a box of Old London Melba Snacks available for those cravings for something crunchy (bye-bye potato chips). As you well know, I have a constant struggle with my weight and I'm counting on Old London Melba Snacks to get me through those tough times.

To help us get even HEALTHIER...Old London is sponsoring a FUN new sweepstakes.

"Dance Your Way to Hollywood” will send one lucky winner and a guest to Tinseltown for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, including private dance lessons and tickets to watch the taping of a highly popular television show. The four-day, three-night, all-expenses-paid experience includes air travel and accommodations at a popular Hollywood hotel. Sweepstakes entries accepted March 17 through June 30, 2010.”

ENTER NOW and start practicing your Salsa and Waltz! You could be dancing in Hollywood. One two cha-cha-cha.


I wrote  this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Old London Melba Toast and received a sample to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.