Friday, December 19, 2008

I guess that's why they call it an accident....




Needless to say, I didn't have a very
good night yesterday. My little Civic Hybrid found it's way underneath the bumper of an SUV, and while the SUV didn't have even a scratch, "Hal" as I affectionately call him is in the hospital getting a makeover.

Thankfully, no one was hurt (just my pride). So, today I'm taking the day off from posting on Champagne Living
and reflecting about how lucky both I and the other driver are to be in one piece and with no injuries.


Remember to buckle your seat belts (thankfully, we were both wearing them) and to drive defensively.

My only question to the dealer was
"Why didn't my airbags deploy?"
His answer:
"You hit at an angle."

So, I can only hit or get hit ONE WAY in order for the airbags to go off?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

foamfan said...

Poor Hal!! (We have to be careful out there.) I had a fender-bender about a year ago in my old S10; luckily my bumper just scraped the other car's paint. All that was damaged on my vehicle, was the 25-cent vanity tag on the front. I try to take my old 'tank' whenever I'm going to be around mega-traffic, as it's an oldie, but a goodie.
Stay safe!!

/\Heather/\ said...

Oh, no! Glad you're okay!

Zippy said...

Thank you Heather, I'm fine. My hubby is a lttle peeved - mostly because we'll be sharing one car.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.