Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Water, water, everywhere...but not a drop to drink.

UGH - the tap water where we live is UNDRINKABLE. I haven't had it tested, but it tastes NASTY and I'm not putting it up to my lips. Here at the mansion we buy bottled water. We have a water cooler as well as bottles in the fridge. If I took a minute to estimate JUST HOW MUCH we spend on water (aside from our ridiculous water) you and I would BOTH be shocked.


3 - 5 gallon containers of water a month @ $7.00 - $21.00
1 - case of 24 bottles @ $6.00 = $6.00
Monthly water bill @ $45.00 = $45.00
TOTAL = $72.00

Can that be RIGHT? Well, there's not too much I can do about the monthly bill (it includes taxes and fees on the new sewers since we're in a new community), but I can certainly shave $27.00 off my total (just about what a pedicure costs).

Oh, and let's not forget that during storms, the electricity goes OUT, so there's no water coming from that cooler, so I DO need an alternative that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

What to do?  Well Filtrete has FINALLY created a water filter/pitcher that's REFRIGERATOR friendly, looks sleek, and filters FIVE TIMES faster than those OTHER pitchers. One of the reasons that I never bought one before is that the others that I've seen have this HUGE filter and very little space for water. Plus the Filtrete  filter lasts longer, filtering two and half times more water than traditional pitcher filters and lasting about three months, so it really IS a money saver.

The other thing that I was always concerned with was that I'd FORGET when it's time to change the filter. But now you and I can register to receive seasonal e-newsletters featuring money-saving offers, filter change reminders, better home living tips and more by signing up on the Filtrete Water Filtration Products website. You can also follow Filtrete Water Filtration Products on Twitter or like the brand on Facebook  for tips on living healthier.

Now, if only they'd come up with a pitcher that turns CZ's into diamonds.....

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Filtrete and received the water pitcher to facilitate my candid review


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.