Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Living Without Reservations - perfect timing

There comes a point in each of our lives when something happens to make us look within and really take stock. For me, it's been a very trying month. My father passed away a few weeks ago and yesterday I got word that one of my dearest friends passed at the age of only 31. While I don't EVER suggest that you wait until things like that happen to stop and take a deep look at where you're going in your life, events like this tend to be the impetus for self reflection (unfortunate but true).

I recently read Living Without Reservations, Private Reserve Edition by Barbara Singer. Hers is an Eat, Pray, Love type of story of following your heart and not looking back. Ms. Singer's impetus was devastating as well, and I understand EXACTLY why she felt that it was necessary to get off of the treadmill and really go out and do what she always longed to.
 
 It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't just TALK about what she longs to do, but that actually goes for it.  Whether it be traveling the world, diving into work that we've always wanted to do, or ????? There is something that each of us longs for. I am one of the lucky ones. I pretty much (with maybe one exception) live my dream every day. I always have. I've been an actress/dancer, I've lived in Paris, now I get to travel to all sorts of locales for a career that I LOVE. But, there are still some things in my life that I'd like to change.

Truly inspirational, Living Without Reservations, Private Reserve Edition allows us to come along as Ms. Singer travels by RV through Alaska with her father, crews on a sailboat through the Caribbean, and eventually finds love in one her FAVORITE locations. For her "some day" is NOW. My only negative is that she relies heavily on self-help books for inspiration. It's just a personal preference on my part, I just find them full of empty promises. The reality is that books like Ms. Singer's provide more concrete solutions than most self-help/new age books.

For those who don't believe that you can truly live the dream, this book will make a believer out of you. For those who say "some day I'll...", you may be inspired to make that day - TODAY.

Living Without Reservations, Private Reserve Edition is available for purchase at Amazon.com.

I received a copy for this book review. All opinions are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.