Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spin & Go - when the maid's away

Whether the maid is here or has the day off, the mansion still needs to be kept clean. Luckily, I was sent the Spin & Go floor care system to try out. I waited until "R" had the day off and tried my hand at washing the floor. I'd heard her complain over and over again at what a slave driver I am, and how difficult it is to wash the floor.

Wait until she see's that I did it myself with this new mop and wringer.







What I like:

It's eco-friendly. For dry mopping we were using a disposable type of mop. This is much more green friendly. Use and re-use it over and over again.

You never have to touch the mop or the water
. No wringing out the mop strands and getting dirty or wet.

No bending over to squeeze a sponge mop, it's so easy to just step on the wringer and watch it spin the dirty water out.

The mop heads are easily changed
. Just step on it and pop it off.

It's very absorbent.
I was able to spin all of the excess water out so it didn't drip from the bucket to the floor (no pools of slippery water).

The floor dries quickly
, because you don't have little pools of water.

What I thought they could change.

I'd like to see a larger mop head.
The mansion is 3/4 tile and I'd like to do a larger area at a time.

The mop strands could be a bit longer. There were times when I scraped the plastic head against the floor, though I think it speaks to the same issue that I have above. LOTS of TILE!

I'd like to see one of these that you could make bend for washing the car. I found I needed more of an angle for washing the car. I'm only 5'1" and I couldn't really reach the roof of the SUV well. If it had a hinge angle it would be great.

Overall
All in all, it got the job done easier and faster. Now let's see if the housekeeper complains about washing the floors again.

Thank you to Spin & Go for providing their cleaning system for this review. All opinions are strictly my own.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.