The newest ship in the Royal Caribbean International line is launching in December 2010 and gone are the days of one mega dining room and a buffet for all of the passengers. This ship will offer an unheard of 24 dining venues including a Brazilian Steakhouse (churrascaria)and Rita's Cantina which is supposed to be offering the best and widest selection of Margarita's at Sea, from an extensive list of tequilas. It sounds like the kind of place you'll want to stay after dinner, as Rita's is going to be offering live guitar music and dancing as well.
Dining on this city at sea will include:
• Rita’s Cantina: This vibrant indoor/outdoor restaurant has a casual feel and is exclusively on Allure’s Boardwalk. Catering to families by day, and adults by night; traditional Mexican fare, comprehensive selection of margaritas and live guitar music and dancing for evening entertainment make it just the place to spend an evening enjoying good food and good people.
• Boardwalk Bar: The main bar on the Boardwalk; offering fruit, salads and sandwiches
• Boardwalk Donut Shop: A classic donut shop...it's not JUST for breakfast.
• Ice Cream Parlor: Hot outside? Stop in for ice cream and toppings in this throw-back ice cream parlor of the 50's.
• Johnny Rockets: Your favorite ‘50’s-style diner with all of those malt shop items that you remember.
• 150 Central Park: Trendy and upscale, yet with an intimate feel 150 Central Park offers a tasting menu and customized wine pairings created by Molly Brandt, winner of the Allure of the Seas Culinary Challenge co-hosted with The Culinary Institute of America, as well as Food and Wine’s 2006 best student chef
• Giovanni’s Table: Dine alfresco (or inside) in this Italian featuring family style dinners that will remind you of what Mamma used to make.
• Park Café: A gourmet market where you can get anything from salads, sandwiches, soups, pastries and to-die-for fudge. This is a great stop when you're on the run.
• Vintages: There's nothing like whetting the appetite with some tapas before dinner and this wine/tapas bar is just the place to relax and have an appetizer before going to one of the other 23 choices on board.
• Chops Grille: The signature steakhouse of RCCL boastsviews of Central Park, and the cuts of meat that you'd expect at a top steakhouse.
POOL AND SPORTS ZONE
• A new churascarria, styled after popular Brazilian steakhouse that you'll find ONLY on the Allure of the Seas. Guests choose from a variety of meats, chicken and seafood brought table-side by servers, ready to slice and serve upon request
• Solarium Bistro: For those watching their weight or who are always health conscious the Solarium Bistro offers salads and healthy fare for breakfast and lunch.
• The Wipe Out Café: The self-service buffet with pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads is just the place to hang 10 when you're taking a break from surfing.
• Izumi Asian Cuisine: Sushi and hot rock cooking - this is one of the places you'd find ME most every night.
• Café Promenade: Seattle’s Best coffee, fruit shakes, pastries and sandwiches all day, a great choice when you have too much to do and don't want to just sit around.
• The Cupcake Cupboard: Decadent gourmet cupcakes as well as parties and design classes. Go ahead and spoil dinner, you're on vacation.
VITALITY AT SEA SPA AND FITNESS CENTER
• The Vitality Café: Offering healthy snacks, sandwiches, wraps, fruit and smoothies
For those who prefer traditional dining the Allure also offers...
• Adagio Dining Room: The ship’s main restaurant features a three-tier venue with a 1920s Art Deco style; with both flexible My Time Dining and traditional assigned seatings. For the kids they also have the highly anticipated DreamWorks Character Breakfast
• Windjammer Marketplace: A casual buffet fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner - just what you'd expect when you want to grab lunch and get back to working on that tan.
• In-Stateroom Service: Order from the complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, or choose an original Johnny Rockets hamburger or Ghirardelli chocolate cookies from the new Dine In Delights menu. Hmmm....even their in-room service looks like it rocks.
Mr. S keeps BEGGING me to go on the Oasis or the Allure and with this selection of dining options, I agree.