Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rome for the FIRST time with Tony Bourdain.

I must say that I was shocked to find out that Tony was a Rome VIRGIN. I guess that I've always assumed that he's been just about EVERYWHERE and eaten there too... He HAS been to Italy before, but never the beautiful and historic city of Fellini and all of the OTHER famous Italinan filmmakers.

What's a visit to Rome without wonderfully classic pasta dishes, handcrafted bread,  four year old fresh cut cheese, and a perfect prosciutto? I'm salivating already. The food is SO amazing that I hear Tony wanted to keep it all hush-hush so that these wonderful spots don't become overrun with tourists.




Personally, I have a hard time believing that it's possible to get a bad meal in Rome, but like the rest of the Modern World, I guess that even Rome has it's share of so-so meals and chains. Still, it's got to be VERY easy to find an old school Roman family restaurant that will undoubtedly be serving the latest seasonal ingredients from the region, because in Rome, seasonal food is not something you promote or talk about, it is something you just do.

Tune in Monday night - August 16th at 10:00 PM on The Travel Channel
to be whisked away to beautiful Rome!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love watching No Reservations, but let's face it, Tony prefers southeast Asia. He's been to Singapore 3 times I think. If he'd branch out a little more he'd have fresher material.

Zippy said...

I agree. Still, I have a MAJOR crush on this guy and can't stop watching.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.