Monday, April 12, 2010

I should have married a plastic surgeon.....

....but who knew way back then? I thought that I was smart marrying someone who owned my favorite restaurant. I figured, hey - I'll never have to cook, can go out to dinner every night...well, you know the fantasy. Almost thirty years later, I'm thinking - a dermatologist or plastic surgeon might have come in handy (a shot of Botox here, some Restylane there) and I'm heavier from all of that good food that I ate (be careful what you wish for).

Thankfully, my friend Victoria turned me on to Dr. Lancer.

Dr. Lancer is a Beverly Hills dermatologist to the stars and no, I have never had the pleasure of meeting him in person (although I'd love to - even just to thank him). What I have been using are his skin care products.Who knew that a cleanser, facial polish and moisturizer (yes, just 3 steps) could do so much in such a short period of time?

Let me explain...
  1. My age  - 56 (no secrets here)
  2. Skin Condition - dry, sun spots/damage, loss of elasticity, dark circles & puffiness under eyes, marrionette lines (no crow's feet or wrinkles)
  3. Reason - years sitting on the beach slathered in baby oil (hey it was the 60's - we didn't know any better) - even used a (gasp) reflector on my face, tanning beds in the 80's (when we thought THAT was safer than the real sun)

In other words, I look my age.

Lancer Dermatology Products that I've been using
  1. Cleanse - Extremely Pure Cleanser - a gentle, light-foaming cleaner enriched with natural exfoliating enzymes, moisture-rich hydrators and skin soothing agents ($50)
  2. Polish - Natural Sea Mineral Polish - resurfacing polish containing natural exfoliating minerals from the Dead Sea.($50)
  3. Repair - AM/PM Nourishing Treatment - potent anti-aging treatment super-charged with a mutli-peptide complex and essential age-defying ingredients.  AM/PM Nourishing Treatment restores skin firmness and visibly diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. ($100)

Time used -
  • 2-3 weeks
Results - 
  1. Skin seems BRIGHTER
  2. Firming around the jawline
  3. Face FEELS soft and less dry
Mind you, I've only been using the 3 BASIC products and only for a few weeks. Looking over the OTHER products available from Lancer Dermatology - I see a HOST of others that may address my more serious problems, like the Eye Lightening & Brightening Complex (my eyes are my BIGGEST complaint), and the Tri-Defense Q10 Serum (more toning, firming).

Still, I probably could use some Laser Fractionated Restoration (Fraxel) and maybe some IPL to get rid of the brown spots (at 56 I still have a large mask of pregnancy on my left cheek from 26 years ago). In the meantime, the Lancer Dermatology products have made more of a difference than ANY OTHER PRODUCT that I've ever used.

I'm a HUGE FAN!

Considering the cost of Dr. Lancer's products compared to having MAJOR work done. I'd rather spend more on products that actually WORK than throw away my money on $35 creams that I keep tossing out (and I'm just not ready to plunk down $15,000 on a facelift).

So, if you haven't already guessed - I LOVE the Lancer Dermatology products that I've been using.

"Skin is the ULTIMATE accessory. If you have that natural healthy look, that's what people notice." - Dr. Harold Lancer.

Thank you to Lancer Dermatology and ID-PR for providing products for this review. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.