Friday, March 5, 2010

Tax Time is just around the corner

I happened to be at Sam's Club yesterday, doing a little shopping. In the center of the main aisle was a HUGE display of tax software priced at just under $50. I got to thinking that unless I had a complicated tax situation  I wouldn't waste my money.

I've always done my taxes online for FREE. Last year I used Tax Act for both my son's return as well as ours. It was easy to use and it really walked me through my return in a step by step fashion. The online software was FREE. In years past you had to earn under a certain income to use this free service, but that's no longer the case.

It will even let you e-file for free.

The only downside is that it doesn't include state taxes. You can check them out at TaxAct.com. Why bother to spend money that you don't have to? I'd rather take that $40 and use it on something a lot  more fun!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.