Monday, March 15, 2010

Sugar Apple Design - living on island time?

You'd think that living in South Florida - "The Sunshine State" that I'd be "living on island time." You know, wake up and split open a pineapple or have a slice of watermelon as I lounge outside with my big floppy hat on, no worries, no cares. I'd take a dip in the ocean every now and then and take long walks on the beach. Evenings I'd have a pina colada in hand as I sit at the Tiki Bar......

I WISH!

I probably could...if I packed up everything and fought the traffic across Rte. 1 to the beach. It's 15 miles away, and takes 30 minutes to get there (longer during rush hour). Don't get me wrong, I do get to do that every once in a while, but not nearly as much as I'd like to.

Ahhhh ... Island Time.

I am reminded to slow down and feel the palm trees sway -  when I wear my Sugar Apple Design Palm Tree T-Shirt. It's a combination of fun, funky, island wear (straight from the island of St. Thomas) It reminds me that I can take the island with me, relax and enjoy life WHEREVER I AM (even if I'm visiting Ben up in New England in the dead of winter).

If you're not quite the palm tree type, they have some great T's, Tanks, Totes, Dresses and MORE with OTHER Carribean inspired designs. The quality of the fabric (my t-shirt is a long sleeved ring spun cotton - very soft), the cut (love the extra long sleeves) and the cute designs on each (maybe a seahorse or a starfish or sugar apple is more your style) make these the clothes you'll find yourself wearing day after day.

This is comfy, cozy, resort wear that you can wear everyday as well. I especially like the fact that they've made a conscious effort to be eco-friendly by using organic fabric and non-toxic inks.  It doesn't hurt that I can buy their items locally (at the Palm Beach Girl's Club) - but you can order online or stop in at one of the shops that sell Sugar Apple Design when you're in St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten or Virgin Gorda (and there's even a store in Burlington, VT that sells them if you happen to be going skiing). Hmmm....wonder if that's a good enough reason to visit the B.V.I?

I love clothes that are simple, comfortable and fun to wear and these fit that description TO A "T."

Check out their online store for everything from babies onesies to plush robes, all with a little island in them....

Thank you to Sugar Apple Design and Chic Execs for providing me with this Carribean inspired t-shirt for this review. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.