Wednesday, January 27, 2010

KettleWorx - I think that I found a program that I can stick with


One of the most difficult parts about starting an exercise program (at least for me) is finding one that lets me sort of EASE into it. If I start off all gung-ho, I typically get overwhelmed and put it aside (only to go back to my sedentary ways). I do get outside to walk. That's the advantage to living here in South Florida (at least when it's not raining). Yes, I also have access to a beautiful gym....but I rarely use it (it's TOTALLY on my to-do list). The walking, the gym, etc. are GREAT - but I needed to do a bit of strength training to start toning my flabby muscles and finding a program that I could do AT HOME, quickly (20 minutes or so) and progressively (so I don't get discouraged) and WITHOUT SPENDING A TON OF MONEY on equipment.

I was offered the KettleWorx program to try. You know, the one that you see on the infomercials on late night TV and on The Biggest Loser. It's also the program that a LOT of celebrities are using (and Ryan Shanahan the creator of this program trains them).

They asked me what size Kettlebell I'd like, and being a novice and a lazy thing, I opted for the 5 lb. one which is the lightest. I'm GLAD that I did, because although it seemed light enough when I unpacked it, once I started doing the exercises, I realized that ANY HEAVIER and this would have been one of those programs that I start and stop within ONE WEEK.

Check out the spot from an early morning TV show in Toronto where they all tried the KettleWorx program. You'll see just how EASY it is.






 OK, so I started the program and I found that it incorporates not only resistance training, but it also incorporates cardio and core workouts as well. The program is set up to do 3 times a week for 20 minutes at a time, which for me is JUST RIGHT. Any more and I'd give up, any less and I wouldn't see a difference. I don't know if you know it, but I'm "disabled" because of an accident that I had some 10 years ago. I was able to adapt the KettleWorx program for myself.

The claim is that you'll change your body within 6 weeks and I believe it, because I can FEEL the difference already (especially in my arms, which is my WEAK spot). They've even guaranteed that if you're not satisfied with the program (within the first 6 weeks) that you can return it for a full refund (minus the S&H).

For those LIKE ME who get bored with the same routine over and over again, the DVD set contain 18 different workouts that you rotate. As you progress, you can order heavier Kettlebells and more advanced workouts (um....I'm not even looking at them at this point).

For more information, simply check out the the KettleWorx site, including testimonials, video, news and ordering information.

So far, I like the program. I'm still going for my daily walk, especially since Clem the Mini-Bull-Terrier has come to expect it and now I'm adding my KettleWorx workout to the mix. I'm hoping to be in tip-top shape by the summer (just in time to meet many of you at BlogHer in NY).

Thanks to ChicExecs and KettleWorx for providing me with the Ultra program for my review. I was in no way compensated for my opinion and all opinions are strictly my own.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.