Wednesday, December 30, 2009

'SWonderful - Pom Wonderful that is


I remember the phone call as if it were yesterday. Ben rarely gets excited about anything other than books and movies. That's my son. The only food he calls me about is when he either needs a recipe or he's improved on mine and wants to rub it in that he's a WAY better cook than I am. That's why I remember him calling from college and asking

"Hey mom, have you tried this new Pom Wonderful yet?"

That was back in 2003, I believe. And YES, on his recommendation I tried it and we've both been drinking it ever since. We've have similar tastes and our POM discussions are debates about whether POM Blueberry is better tasting than the original POM Wonderful, or if either of us likes the POM Cherry. It's always about flavor (our discussions), but underneath it all we both know how good it is for us. But, being who we are....we care less about the benefits and more about the taste.

With New Year's a day away and resolutions being written - I figured that it would be a great time to tell you about how healthy POM Wonderful is. Since one of my resolutions is to lose weight and eat healthier.

So, I figured that I'd give you some fun HEALTHY facts about POM.

  • Did you know it's the ONLY brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice?
  • The sweetness comes from within, because they never add ANYTHING (no sugar, colar, fillers or preservatives) to the juice.
  • POM Wonderful products are backed by $32 MILLION in medical research (in prostate, cardiovascular and erectile function)POM wonderful is an EXCELLENT source of antioxidants
I could go on and on, but frankly....I'd rather drink a bottle of POM Wonderful and let all the healthy things happen as I enjoy one of my favorite juices. It's nice knowing how healthy it is, but I'd rather drink it because I enjoy the flavor. If you haven't tried one, you might want to pick up a bottle the next time you're in the grocery store (they're in the refrigerated section), grab it by it's little waist, twist the cap and ahhhhhhh.

Oh and just because I'm ALWAYS bad on New Year's Eve - here's my

Pomegranate Martini Recipe

3 oz. POM Wonderful
1 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz Cointreau

Pour everything over ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain and ENJOY!

For those of us who'd rather toast the New Year with some Champagne and POM Wonderful (like ME).

Add a couple of oz. of  POM Wonderful and a splash of Cassis to your champagne for a delicious champagne/POM cocktail.


Thank you to POM Wonderful for providing me with plenty of POM Wonderful to enjoy as I wrote this review. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are REALLY my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.