Friday, December 11, 2009

Chocolate: A Love Story



Someone read my mind. No REALLY, it was Max Brenner - the man who's name in synonymous with chocolate in Israel, NYC and Phillie is letting us in on recipes from his PRIVATE collection.

We're talking 65 Chocolate Desserts by a world famous chocolate chef!


As Rachel Zoe would say: "I died"

This coffee table sized book is not only FILLED with the most wonderful desserts to satisfy any chocolate lovers sweet tooth, but it is an ART BOOK as well. Instead of there being photographs of the food, each recipe has a corresponding work of art created by Yonatan, in his 60's Pop-Art style.

I find myself reading this book over and over like a novel that I adore. I want to be walking along the Place de la Monnaie as I dive into Mr. Brenner's version of "The Belgian Street Waffle", doused with butterscotch chips, roasted pineapple and a white chocolate orange maple trap. I'll ponder the meaning of it all over a "Philosophical Highly Concentrated Fudge Brownie" made of 70 percent dark chocolate thoughts.

I'll put on my best show of manners for his "Well-Disciplined Ladyfingers" - dipped in milk chocolate therapy, pistacios and roasted coconut. I might even live life on the wild side for his "Kinky Pavlova" with contradicting characteristics of emotional red berries and late-night sexy dark chocolate cream.

Yes, this is a cookbook that I can live with day in and day out and never tire of. A simple flute of fine champagne or a cup of dark Sumatra coffee and ANY of these indulgent desserts will make put a smile on my face.

What a GREAT GIFT for any chocolate lover for the holidays (or any time).

Chocolate: A Love Story: 65 Chocolate Dessert Recipes from Max Brenner's Private Collection is available for purchase at Amazon.com for $19.79 or at your neighborhood bookseller for around $30.

Thank you to Hachette Book Group for providing me with this DELICIOUS book for my review. I was in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.