Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Perfect Gift - for whom?

Ah the perfect gift. One day you're browsing in a store or gallery and THERE IT IS. You look at it and know IMMEDIATELY that it's something that he/she'll love, because YOU LOVE IT.

So it goes with the gift that I purchased last week. My friend Sandy was in from Rhode Island and we truly lived the good life while she was here. We went to the Norton Museum of Art in West Palm Beach to see the Georgia O'Keefe and Ansel Adams exhibit (as well as others). Of course this meant the obligatory visit to the museum gift shop, where Sandy picked up a children's book called Paintbrush in Paris to show me.

You see, I have an affinity for Paris, having lived there in the 70's. I try to return as often as I can (yearly) and I will one day make my home there (so, you'll be reading Champagne Living while I'm typing the posts from my little apartment in the Marais). My brother (who blogs for Travels in Taste) shares the same love of Paris as I. He gets to visit more often that I do. So, this book was to be the perfect gift.

For TODAY IS MY BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY. I opened up the book when I returned home to read it before giving it to him, but I fell in love with the book (and OH - it's NOT a children's book - it just LOOKS like one). If you've ever lived or traveled to Paris you'll understand. How can you resist a book that offers

RULES OF THE DRIVING GAME


  • Drive the biggest, strongest car you can afford. (A tank will do fine.)
  • Get mad, then get behind the wheel and vent your anger.
  • Race to the light and wedge in between the cars already stopped.
  • Dare the other driver not to stop.
  • Leave only centimeters between you and the car in front of you.
  • Park anywhere-especially on the sidewalk.

Attention pedestrians! You only THINK you have la priorité.

So you see, I am torn. Today is his birthday (although I won't see him until tomorrow), but I've fallen in love with this little book. Dommage....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!!!!!!

If you're a foodie, check out the Travels in Taste Blog and see what he's been EATING! He REALLY knows how to live the good life.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.