Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Not just a lot of Goop!

I'm really not one to follow what's going on in the world of celebrities, Hollywood and all of that, except when that celebrity happens to be one of my old friends. I was an actress, and although I never did the Hollywood thing (I was a stage actress/performer), many of my friends and others that I had worked with went on to work in film. My take on all of that is that acting/singing/performing is a job and I'm always amazed that there are those who expect more out of people just for doing their job and doing it well (yes, talent is involved - but you also have to be talented to be a good salesperson or a good mechanic).

That being said (you knew that this was coming didn't you), I actually happened onto a blog/newsletter that is written by Gwyneth Paltrow that I've come to make a part of my weekly blog ritual. I know that there has been a lot of controversy about her lifestyle blog GOOP. It's been said that she's attempting to be Oprahesque in her approach. Frankly I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SAY.

There are times during each day that I want an escape from reality and GOOP is one of my escapes. I find her sense of style, travel choices, etc. as being very much in line with living the good life.

She shares with her readers her favorites in categories such as ~~
  • Make - cooking
  • Go - travel
  • Get - shopping
  • Do - various things to do
  • Be - musings
  • See - books, theatre, etc
OK, so maybe I don't have my own wood burning pizza oven (I cook mine on a grill - not TOO different) and maybe I don't tour Spain with Mario Batali - that's OK. I'm still happy to add a little GOOP to the good life!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.