Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Art & Culture at a good life price (FREE)

For me there's nothing more wonderful than being surrounded by art. I go to art galleries and openings, museums, etc. as often as I can. My home is filled with art and craft pieces that bring me joy whenever I look at them. Being drawn into the artists world is such a special place, and I truly believe that it feeds the soul.

But, of course I grew up in an "arts" family. My father went to the RI School of Design, I was a dancer and an actress and we were encouraged to experience the arts in just about EVERY way. From a Twyla Tharp dance concert to the Dale Chihuly ceiling at the Norton, the arts have always been an intrinsic part of my life.

So, I was thrilled when Wendy from Sweetie's Swag told me about the free museum day each month for those who have an ATM, Credit or Check card from the Bank of America. Art, science, history or nature - the variety of museums is GREAT.


I'll be visiting the Norton Museum of Art in a couple of weeks with a friend who's coming to Fl to escape the cold RI weather. We're going to see the Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams show and then have a light lunch of tapas at the Cafe 1451 inside the museum. Why don't you join me, by going to visit a museum near you and take a moment, enjoy the art and live the good life.





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.