Monday, November 8, 2010

Fresh Produce

No, it's not what you think. Yes, I'm still on my diet...but, this is NOT about eating less.


In fact, it's about LOOKING GREAT no matter WHAT! 

Years and years ago (I'm guessing back in the very early 90's) I bought a simple black linen shift dress by Fresh Produce. It had white buttons on it (just for decoration I believe). I LOVED that dress and wore it for ALMOST 15 YEARS, until the linen became translucent from so much wear. I'd venture to say that in most of the photographs taken of me in that time period I was wearing that dress. It was my UNIFORM and to this day I've been searching for a dress like this. Fresh Produce no longer makes the style and I've been known to scour resale shops looking for it. It was the most FLATTERING and comfortable dress that I've ever owned.

Years later, I still own Fresh Produce pieces that are well over ten years old and they look as stylish today as they did when I first bought them.

Last week I called my dear friend Ava (Broad "A" on The Review Broads) and told her how excited I was to be reviewing Fresh Produce. She was thrilled that I'd be adding more leafy greens, carrots, and other vegetables to my diet, that it took a moment before I responded. Haven't you ever heard of Fresh Produce clothing? Alas, she had not and I went on to tell her all about the company that makes some of my favorite Dresses and other women's clothing. I'm thinking, she's going to be another Fresh Produce convert.

WHY FRESH PRODUCE?

After receiving an oh-so-comfy tank dress and Shorefront Cardigan for my review. I RAN (yes...I RAN) into the bedroom to pull out some of my old FP items. I say SOME, because I have LOTS and LOTS of them.

The clothing in the photos date from different years. Most of the pieces go back around five or six years. As you can see, not only do they still look GREAT, BUT all of the colors are still the same and will coordinate with other Fresh Produce items whether you bought them five years ago or today.


WHERE Can I Get Fresh Produce?

I have purchased Fresh Produce both at home and on vacation. I picked up that cute T-Shirt (below - left) at the Fresh Produce store in St. Maartin. I ALWAYS look for the Fresh Produce stores when I travel (in the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada) and pick up souvenir shirts (like that one) that will go with my F.P. skirts and shirts, so that I know I'll have the PERFECT outfit to wear. Of course I can always shop for Fresh Produce LOCALLY (I love going to the store on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale and in City Place in West Palm Beach).

While I always find it more fun to stop into their FP Stores, you can also find them in Nordstrom and lots of boutiques.

I'm Not Kidding - I AM a F.P. Addict - 

As you can see, the labels have changed, but the quality has not!. I counted NINE pieces of their clothing in my closet (and one in the laundry basket). I received two to do this review (the Tank Dress and the Shoreline Cardigan). Otherwise, I've spent my OWN money on every other top or skirt of Fresh Produce in my wardrobe.

What's the bottom line? -

I find their clothing to be moderately priced. The Tank Dress that I received retails at $30 and that beautiful Shoreline Cardigan $38 (and I can wear it with the dress, with jeans, with an evening dress, etc.). Factor in that these are timeless and you've got yourself a wardrobe that is VERY cost effective. Not only that, but one look through their online catalog and you'll find that there are sizes to fit EVERYONE from XS to Plus sizes.

If you're planning on coming south for vacation, going on a cruise or want something extra-comfy to sit by the fire in (yes, they have long sleeve tops ), I suggest Fresh Produce as the ONE brand that you'll live in day in and day out.


I received product in order to write this review. I was not compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.