Thursday, October 8, 2009

Outfit Additions - a touch of elegance for everyday


If you've been around for a while, you know about my addiction to anything that makes me feel like I'm living in luxury. I LOVE to find the PERFECT gift for someone, treat myself to small indulgences and spend on items that will last me a LONG time. I much prefer to purchase ONE GOOD ITEM that I LOVE and that makes me happy each time I use it over buying one that's just "ok" (that I end up replacing). I also LOVE things that bring back a memory.

Outfit Additions sent me a silk fabric wallet to review. I had looked over their selection online before choosing the pattern that I thought would "work" for me, but I wasn't prepared for the MEMORIES it would bring.

This tri-fold wallet is made of the most wonderful silk jacquard. I received a wallet in Bohemian Blue Silk and it's as timeless looking as it was in the catalog. There is a golden sheen to the pattern that would be PERFECT for using in the evening (they actually make a clutch purse out of the same fabric).

It's totally practical as it's got plenty of slots (4) for credit cards or your driver's license, a deep slot for your paper money and a cute little zipper section in the center for change. It closes easily, as the "snap" is really a magnetic closure. This would be a fashionable gift for all ages.

This wallet is a bit reminiscent of the delicate wallet that my grandmother used to carry (memory #1). The deep purple fabric that lines the interior brought me back to the late 60's, early 70's when I used to carry a silk wallet that was lined with the same color (memory #2). It's funny, but the memory was so strong that I picked the wallet up and sniffed to see if it smelled of sandalwood (which is what the silk wallet that I had back them smelled like).

Outfit Additions makes ordering easy and the owners are VERY nice people (friendly). They carry wallets, belts and clutches all made out of the lovliest silk jacquard and they have some GORGEOUS JEWELRY as well.

My take? I'd use this in the evening without a handbag for an elegant affair, or tossed into my handbag for a day of shopping. It's versatile enough to go ANYWHERE, yet luxurious enough to make me feel like I'm carrying something special.

The owners of Outfit Additions have graciously offered a 20% discount to the readers of Champagne Living that is good until October 15, 2009. Simple enter the code: CHAMPAGNE at checkout.

Thank you to the owners of Outfit Additions for providing me with a free wallet for this review. It's lovely.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Custom design by Revka Stearns of Berries and Cream Blog Design
© 2008 - present Champagne Living. Content May Not Be Reproduced Without Permission. | Contact Zippy | Privacy Policy |
Clicky Web Analytics

Champagne Living has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://champagneliving.net
and update your bookmarks.